Omega Brewers Yeast
A firm favourite for improved digestion and calming stressed or anxious horses
Brewers yeast is a natural by-product of the beer fermentation process and a firm favourite for horse owners. Ground into a fine power, it is packed with high levels of complex B vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids, all nutrients essential for keeping horses healthy and in particular, happy.
The benefits of feeding brewers yeast include:
- Full of amino acids which help encourage a healthy gut flora. This improves hind-gut digestion of dry matter and fibre, and the absorption of essential nutrients
- Provides minerals such as copper and zinc, as well as a range of B vitamins essential in maintaining healthy skin, coat condition, hooves and eyes
- The combination of B vitamins and minerals is also known to help the nervous system, balancing behavioural problems induced by stress, anxiety and mareishness
- Linked with improving feed palatability, encouraging horses to finish the feed they are given
- Finally, brewers yeast is said to reduce allergic response to the Culicoides midge and also make blood unpleasant to midges.
Omega Equine sources it’s brewers yeast from UK suppliers to ensure only the best, high quality ingredient. A natural by-product, this super powder is a powerful supplement, especially for horses in hard work, lactating mares and those who are anxious or stressed. Fed daily, it is well-recognised as a supplement favourite.
Feed between 5g-10g per 100kg of body weight per day.